Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Hopeful Trustful Heart

I've just finished reading "North and South," my online bookclub's latest read, and I have been contemplating this statement, made toward the end of the book:

"I must not think so much of how circumstances affect me myself, but how they affect others, if I wish to have a right judgment, or a hopeful trustful heart."

I know it's just another way of saying what Jesus already said, but sometimes someone says something familiar in a new way which turns a lightbulb on in my head!

I'm still contemplating the connection between unselfish thinking and a hopeful, trusting heart.
Hmmm. . . .
maybe, by focusing on others, I'm trusting God to take care of my circumstances instead of worrying about them!

Maybe, by encouraging others who are discouraged and offering hope, I myself, grow in hopefulness.
Hmmm. . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am going through
    troubles with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I can't subscribe to it.

    Is there anyone else having identical RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

    my blog :: www.petmania.pl

    ReplyDelete