Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Falling Bricks

"The wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

In the middle of a sleepless night this verse came to my mind  (much like a brick on the head!).
I understood the message clearly: Vicki, your angry attack (of earlier in the day) won't bring about the righteous change you desire!

The amazing thing is, I have never understood that verse before!!

As I travel through my life, I find scriptures that were once a mystery to me, often suddenly become clear and meaningful. After all, the Word IS active and sharper than a two-edged sword.

When I was young(er) I was impatient to understand ALL of the Bible. I now see that it is a process; that God, in His wisdom, knew I couldn't understand everything at once (not that I'll EVER understand it all). The gentle, sometimes not, unfolding of truth in our lives, I believe, is a part of His master plan.
And I praise Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment