Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Am the Sparrow

Thrown from my ship
I cannot sail
The water's dark
The sun is veiled
The sea is angry, cruel and deep
The shore beyond is far too steep.

I grasp the slippery rope of fear
That pulls me down
But then I hear

The voice that calmed the stormy seas
Echoes round
And touches me
Reminding me, though I'd forgot,
I am the sparrow
That He sought.
___

Now standing on the sun-washed shore
I can hear Him
Speak once more

With broken wings I now can fly
The greater heights
I dared not try
And to this day I must be brought
For I am the sparrow
That He sought.



Though I've not exhausted the subject, I feel I have contemplated  trust fully for now. It has been a life-changing, life-saving study, and I am better for it--and grateful.

Trust has also lead me to my next subject:

 love

The hard, sometimes seemingly impossible, agape love.
The kind that requires a lot of trust.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Vicki did you write this verse? It is beautiful and is a wonderful lesson. I am going to try and copy it and print it so I can look at it often and be reminded. Thank you for sharing. You have so much wisdom to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wrote it--thanks, Norma. I am "publishing" my blog posts and the poem as we speak. Thank you so much for your imput and encouragement, it has meant so much.

    ReplyDelete