Friday, January 27, 2012

The Hiding Place

.

I've heard it said:
when you pray to God, expect big things to happen!

The thing is, they NEVER happen the way I think they might, so they come at me . . .  unexpectedly!
I've been praying this year about LOVE. About learning to LOVE on a much higher plane.

 On God's plane.

And then he sends me this book.   THE HIDING PLACE,   by Corrie ten Boom.
I didn't go looking for a book on love, though I have read many. I didn't even know this was a book about love.
It was the book of the month for my online bookclub. It just came to me, there on my computer screen.
As some may have noticed, I even quoted from it, here on my blog. The tab "Thanks for the Fleas" is from the book, but I requoted it from another author who I was reading at the time.
I've heard about the book for as long as I can remember, and always meant to get around to reading it. But God dropped it in my lap and said,
 NOW.

And NOW is when I most needed and could most appreciate the true story of
 Corrie and Betsie ten Boom.

Agape love practiced on the highest level.


I recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment