Friday, March 4, 2011

What if . . .

The holy women of the past who TRUSTED God adorned themselves with a gentle and quiet and submissive spirit. We can be their daughters if we do good and ARE NOT AFRAID. (2 Peter 3)
I did not, until recently, see what not being afraid had to do with the rest of this passage.

Being submissive and quiet is a scary thing when tough times come. What if my husband makes the wrong decision? What if he HAS made the wrong decision? What if his choices ruin us financially? What if he doesn't provide for the family as I think he should?

What if . . . what if . . .what if . . .


That's fear. God, I can trust. But man? Man is weak and vulnerable. And fallable. And easily deceived.
Why should I submit to all that?! Because God said so. Because he knew that having two heads never works.
Could this be the greatest test of faith for Christian women? Trusting God in submitting to our husbands' leadership without fear?


No comments:

Post a Comment