Monday, April 25, 2011

"Summa sedes non capit duos"

Translation:   Supreme power cannot be shared.

 I have heard that Roman soldiers recited this, Rome's motto, every day.

Whether or not we choose to acknowledge it,
 GOD IS THE SUPREME POWER (Sorry, Rome!)
and God does not SHARE His power.

We are soldiers in a kingdom which cannot be shaken. We are told to take up our armor, to fight the good fight, to endure hardship as a good soldier; that we are to please Him who enlisted us as a soldier.
 And He who enlisted us is THE SUPREME, ETERNAL KING!

(Of course you knew I was going to tie this into TRUST!)

It seems very comforting to me that I am putting my trust in someone who is SUPREME POWER.
Why wouldn't I? He cannot be deterred, deceived, overthrown. My trust is COMPLETELY safe with Him.

"Supreme power cannot be shared." I think I should recite this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment